This chair used to belong to my late aunt Els and there was a cushion to go with it. But this cushion was now looking a bit tatty, to say the least. So I decided to give it a new cover so that I could use the cushion again.
- I started out by drawing a pattern of the cushion onto a piece of paper.
- I then spent 1.5 euro to buy a bit of left-over curtain material at the HEMA and used my pattern and this material to sew a new cover for my cushion.
- Next I used the pattern again to crochet one side of a cushion cover (making sure to write down exactly how I did this, where to make increases and decreases, etc.).
- I then crocheted a second piece just like the first one.
- Finally I crocheted the two parts together around the cushion and hey presto, there was my recycled cushion!