zondag 4 maart 2012

Copenhagen-Vienna hat




Today I finished another knitted hat. The pattern that I used for this hat is from the Interweave Knits Accessories 2011 magazine. The magazine was kindly sent to me as a gift from one of my American Ravelry friends, thanks again! I immediately liked the Copenhagen hat, so I decided to knit myself one. I used the yarn that was suggested, Rowan Felted Tweed DK, but I did make some slight modifications to the pattern. I wanted to make the hat just a little bit longer, so I added one extra ‘rib’. Also, I did not make button holes, instead I cheated a bit and sewed the buttons right onto the flap and the layer underneath. So the buttons are for decoration only, they don’t have a function. I chose 4 different buttons, all of them with a German-Austrian theme, which is why I named my hat the Copenhagen-Vienna hat. It was a fast knit, I love the buttons (I bought them at the Passementerie, Lijnmarkt 33 in Utrecht) and I'm very happy with the result!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten