These are some more before/after pictures, to show you my recent progress. I'm happy with all my projects, except for my cardigan, but I'll come to that in a minute.
I'm still making good progress on the Stars over Corn, in fact I'm hoping to be able to finish it soon.
then, when I had to start the second skein, the colour of this skein
turned out to be quite different from the first one. It's not unusual to
have some colour difference between such skeins, and the usual thing to
do then is to alternate skeins (knit one or two rows with the first
one, then one or two with the second one, etc.) for a while, so that the
colour difference is not so noticable. However, in this case the colour
difference was so big, that the result was a definitely striped
section. I tried several ways of reducing the striped effect, but in the
end the best thing I could think of was to knit a section alternating
skeins every number of stitches. I started out with rows in which I
mainly used the first skein, and then gradually shifted to knitting more
stitches using the second skein. The colour difference is still very
obvious, but I couldn't think of a better way to solve it. Bummer! Oh