maandag 31 december 2012

Art Yarn!



Recently I attended a drop spindle workshop, which was really fun. I had never spun before in my life, so it was, well... a bit of a challenge, to say the least.
In the beginning there was not much spinning going on and a lot of dropping (of the spindle, on the floor).
The first picture shows you what I spun during and shortly after the workshop.
I sort of plied it afterwards, and in the second picture you can see the resulting yarn.
The teacher kept reminding us that everything you learn is hard in the beginning, so we should be proud of ourselves for being able to spin a thread at all, and not expect us to be able to spin thin and regular yarn right from the beginning. And if your yarn looks very irregular at first, he said, then just call it 'art yarn'! So that's what I made, art yarn. And no matter what, I'm quite pleased with it.

I have been practising my drop spindling since then and slowly I'm getting a little better at it.
And what's more important, I'm still enjoying it!

1 opmerking: